Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Being part of a community...

I enjoy being a part of community and am learning to have quality interaction with others. Getting input from people who care is important. Doing my best without being a fake has become important, too. For most of my life, I burned myself out doing things over and over just to please others. It is exciting considering new options that I think of myself.

My false beliefs led me to think that I was no good; that I would never be able to do enough; that I would always fail; that I would always be alone. Exposing them has been helping me to see that I have high value and good ideas. I have hope just knowing that God will never leave me; that He will always be by my side. There are also people who want to be with me. I used to just walk away from problems and conflict. My new way is to sit down and try to work things out. People are encouraged by my kindness. I try to treat people the way I want to be treated.

In the Learning Center, I have given my all. It is something I want so I will keep pushing until I make it. My biggest negative has been trying to work things out for myself (I am making progress on this one). I am learning to value consistency and input from those who are trying to teach me new things. My biggest positive is in learning to evaluate my choices and to find perspective in my decision making.

I try my best to be there for my friends; to help them out. Some say that I am an encourager. Being a part of community is something to really care about.

- John (Men’s CLD Program)

No comments: