Wednesday, August 08, 2007

God says that He loves me...

I say I want help…but I spurn advice.
I say I want to change…but I refuse to learn how.
I say I want to love…but I continue to hate.
I say I want to know God…but I seek him not.
I say I’m tired of this life…but I hang on with a death grip.
I say I understand…but in reality I haven’t a clue.
I say that I’m listening…but I don’t really hear.
I say that I care…but yet it’s all about me.
I say that I’m grateful…but I complain everyday.
I say that “you’re right”…but I sneer at your stupidity.
I say that I’m afraid…but I never let anyone see it.
I say that I’m hurting…but I cover it with a laugh.
I say that I’m willing…but then I break all the rules.
I say I love my Dad…but I’m still waging war with him.
I say I love my Mom…but my feelings matter more than hers.
I say I want to go to church…but I seek out hypocrisy.
I say that you’re my friend…but that’s solely for my benefit.
I say I know I’m a sinner…but I’m not as bad as you.
I say that God has blessed me…but I take everything for granted.
I say “maybe tomorrow”…but I don’t even have it.
I say I desire humility…but I don’t bend my knees to pray.
I say that I practice forgiveness…but I cherish perceived ways.

God says that He loves me…but I say, “Why?”

—Don (Men’s CLD Program)

No comments: