Monday, November 02, 2009

A trunk full of generosity!!

Last night I represented the Lydia Center at an event that hosts a different charity each month. I shared about the various needs we have and presented them with the opportunity to be involved by filling brown grocery bags with non perishable items. After I finished sharing a woman came up to me and said, I know this is really weird but I have a whole trunk full of groceries - would you be able to use them? I was speechless because just earlier that afternoon, I had heard testimonies from other Water Street staff that had experienced God’s faithful provision and just a couple hours later- God was at it again. I thanked the woman for her gift of groceries and let her know that her contributions were an answer to prayer.

In this experience, I am reminded that God answers prayers often in my daily life, but I don’t take the time to be aware of how he is answering. I believe that God delights in us experiencing his goodness and I have been reminded to be more watchful and thankful in the ways that I see him working.

Joy Gehman • Lydia Center, Case Worker

No comments: