Thursday, September 02, 2010

Words From The Lord

Each summer as I am preparing for the new school year, I spend time asking the Lord for a verse or a passage of Scripture for our staff to use as a theme verse for the new school year. As I was praying this summer, I did not hearing any particular direction. So at staff meeting last week, I gave the teachers the following assignment. “For our devotions on Friday, I would like each of you to come with a verse that you feel God is speaking to you for Wonder Club for this year. It may be for you personally, for your classroom, or for the team as a whole.” In my mind I thought that perhaps God would speak to us by having two or three persons come with the same verse or verses.

As we went around the table and shared our verses and why we had chosen each one, I couldn’t help but think, “Wow, God! These are great verses, but what does it mean for us as a team?” As you can guess, no two persons had chosen the same verses. As I shared with the teachers that part of what I was hoping would come from this exercise was a “theme” for the year, Miss Nikki spoke up, “Here is what I heard as we were going around the table.” And just like that, Nikki allowed God to use her to put it all together for us. Out of nine passages of Scripture, Nikki summarized our time with the following thoughts (I have included the references of each thought):

Wait
(Psalm 37:7)
I will cause the growth
(I Cor. 3:5-9)
I will give you a new heart
(Ezekiel 36:25-26)
I will give you a new mind
(Romans 8:5-8)
Forget the things of the past
(Isaiah 43:18-19a)
If you are obedient
(Ephesians 6:1-3)
I will make you an imitator of me
(Ephesians 5:1-2)
I will teach you all things
(Isaiah 50: 4 & 7)
Nothing is impossible with God!
(Luke 1:37)

As a staff we were astounded at the way God had spoken to us as a team through the individual verses and how He had given Nikki the words to put it altogether so concisely. So while we may not have a “theme verse” we do have some precious words that we felt God was giving us through our individual seeking of the Lord for direction. Words that we wanted to share in the hopes so that you too would be encouraged. We are so excited we can’t wait to see what else God is going to do this year!

- Lorraine Brandt, Wonder Club Administrator, Wonder Club Early Learning Centers

No comments: