Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life Lessons from Emma

I recently spent a long weekend in the presence of my granddaughter, Emma. My most frequent thought when Emma comes to my mind, is her spontaneous affections. Emma is a very busy 19 month old that finds pleasure in almost anything. Often Emma will disengage from an activity, run to me and give me a hug and/or a kiss and then run back to her toy, food, etc. I don’t know what her little mind is processing in those moments but I find an overwhelming sense of love and acceptance from her in those spontaneous moments. My spirit is lifted to another level of joy.
As I ponder this, the thought comes to me that this is something I should be offering to God each day: spontaneous moments of affection. To take moments away from the distractions of the day to just say to Him

“I love you Lord, I am glad to be in your presence. I know you love me and cherish me as your daughter. I’m glad you will always be there for me."Because Christ, Emma will one day know this same love. Thank you, Father that we can run to you with spontaneous affection and you find joy in us. I want to be filled to overflowing with your love, Father. Let it splash out of me and onto the women of the Lydia Center. Father, I pray that they will come to the realization of, and learn to receive your love for them and know the joy of spontaneous affection with you. Amen."

- "Emma’s Grammy" Paula Sentgeorge, Lydia Center Kitchen Manager

No comments: