Monday, December 13, 2010

Challenged to Increase our Faith

Each week on Wednesday afternoons, the Water Street Ministries staff spend an hour, from 3-4pm, seeking after God in prayer, and ‘fasting’ from work priorities as a community!

Recently, during this staff fasting time, we were challenged to look at faith through the lens Hebrews 10-12. It was a humbling experience to examine my faith quotient.

How does faith in the unseen affect my life and ministry?
To what extent would my faith need to change and expand to be included with the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11?
How does my lack of faith hinder my life and ministry?

These are things about which I need to meditate on and listen to God’s voice.

Philippians 1:6 reminds me that God will complete the work He has started in me until the day of Jesus Christ. It says, “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

It is that confidence that allows me to move forward in the journey Christ has for me.

Donna Doutrich • Ministry Assistant, Lydia Center

No comments: