Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Stories from camp


Vinny Mikusow, our Teen Haven Camp Director recently shared these stories from recent weekends at camp:


A special reminder! Charles (14) - The bus pulled in Friday night and in comes running Charles. Huffing and puffing, he slams into me, hugs me and with a smile says, “This is my first time back since summer camp. Thank you for changing my life.”


We hugged and sat down at the nearest table and made clear as to the real person involved in his changed life. He smiled and said, “I know! But thanks anyway!”


Troubled but not beyond hope! Daniel (14) - Daniel was a first timer from Lancaster. Trouble from the start. Attention-getter during chapel and into everyone’s face throughout the day. Saturday night it was suggested by a staff member that we might need to consider taking Daniel home early. The Lord has His time.


One thing after another never allowed us to make that move. Sunday morning, during our morning breakfast prayer, I noticed Charles in a different light. As I got to his table, his supervisor said that Charles had something to say. We made eye contact and with a great smile he said, “I got saved last night.” There was a change! After chapel he walked along-side of me and we chatted as brothers. A different step, a different walk, a different person. A new creature!


Rejoice with us in the work God continues to do at Teen Haven Camp and through all of Water Street's ministries.


- Jack Crowley, Teen Haven

No comments: