Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Compassion" - A Poem

The art of poetry has been experienced in new ways at the Lydia Center, where woman have been given an opportunity to learn, write and express through poetry together! There are six poems which these woman wanted to share on our blog, so be sure to read the upcoming poems from this collection.

Many thanks to Jennifer, a volunteer, who lead the poetry class where the following poem was composed:


"Compassion"
By Dymphna, client, Lydia Center

As I sat in the circle
Of the ones chosen to hear,
The cries and remorse ripped
From her innermost being,
My heart longed to embrace her,
To comfort and encourage.
My own fear kept me bound.
As my tears welled, I felt
The ocean of anguish inside
As I fought to anchor.
All I could do was pray.

(Poem 1 of 6)

No comments: