Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"The Very Hand of God" - A Poem

The art of poetry has been experienced in new ways at the Lydia Center, where woman have been given an opportunity to learn, write and express through poetry together! There are six poems which these woman wanted to share on our blog, so be sure to read the upcoming poems from this collection.

Many thanks to Jennifer, a volunteer, who lead the poetry class where the following poem was composed:

"The Very Hand of God"
By Dymphna, client, the Lydia Center

As Jesus strolled by my side
I pondered his mercy and grace.
From his fingertips,
Energy illuminated nothingness
From deep in the soil, new life.
In the stillness, the earth moved
As the Holy Spirit drew a tender shoot
So frail, even the slightest touch would crush it,
Yet so mighty it breaks the hardest earth.
What is this, that draws me so gently?
That which could mightily judge me?
That cleanses me from the filth of sin?
Like clean water, mercy from his lips
Reveals my own holiness.
From my innermost being,
The very hand of God
Removes my heart of sin
Freely replacing with new obedience.
As the new sprout of a wild flower reaches
Towards the light from beneath the darkness,
So my new heart reaches for
The very hand of God.

(Poem 6 of 6)

No comments: