Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wonder Club Staff Art & Prayer Session

Each Wednesday the staff of Wonder Club Early Learning Centers meet together to pray. During a prayer session that I was leading this time, I decided to focus on our Core Value of Dependence Upon God.

This core value, “Dependence Upon God,” states that, “We look to God as our source of vision, provision, and transformation.”

So after reading and reflecting on this approach to ministry, we did an activity about what that means to us. We used glue sticks and colored construction paper to make art about it. Below are the pictures of what we created, along with a short statement by each “artist” about their piece. I thought it was neat to see what was created and what God spoke through that.


Nicole Imhof • Teacher/Site Supervisor Wonderclub Early Learning Centers


As we depend on God we need to take what He gives us and what He takes away. God does not just give, give, give, sometimes He takes away too and we need to continue to trust and depend on Him during those times also.





As God spends time with me and I spend time with Him and I experience His love, light and truth, I in turn impart His love, light and truth to the students I teach.






The reason I made this is to remind me of the sun rise and sun sets. When I see them they remind me of God’s love for me and how powerful and in control God is of all things and circumstances.






I made a little mountain out of glue stick. Then I placed brown (typical mountain color) construction paper smoothly on one side of the mountain. The back side of the mountain had unusual mountain colors randomly/roughly placed. Dependence upon God reminds me that the dependence is with all of me… especially in the rough places. That (the back side of the mountain, the “rough” places of me) is where God’s beauty really shines through. Therefore the arrow is pointing to the back side.

The Lord’s voice is mightier than the waves of life. Smoke will come out of his nose if anyone touches His children. The Lord our God is a sun and shield. He gives grace and glory. No good thing would He withhold to them that walk uprightly. Our God is an awesome God.

No comments: