Monday, August 23, 2010

GOD IS OMNISCIENT...SO WHY DID TODAY SURPRISE ME?

Psalm 19:14 “May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

How did the all-knowing Creator know that I would be declaring His praise today with a group of adult men on a hanging rock? Was this scene just an accident of time and place? No, my God foreknew all things before they were even created and is not limited to time or space. He planned for me to speak out loud these words today. I expressed the desire of my heart in this passage to be pleasing to Almighty God. My voice and meditations were aloud, and intentional, to guys, many with life-controlling issues, and challenges. These were men, like me, who all need the Rock and Redeemer.

This steamy August day was a planned trip to Pinnacle Overlook – hundreds of feet above the river. Fifteen men all gathered to check out the beauty of nature and spend the day together off campus from Water Street Mission's LifeRecovery Program in Lancaster city. Birds sang praise to the Creator, the wind tickled my hair, and the humidity saturated my shoes in the grass as I walked down the trail. Many times I had been to the big rock alone, or with close friends and family. Today, I was with a group of men that had never experienced time at this rock. Did God know and plan for me to be with these other guys and see a new view, a higher view, of the Susquehanna River at the Pinnacle Overlook, and of Himself?

My prayer – “Lord, I know that You did plan today and I give You the praise for that beautiful snapshot of time and place in Your grace...at the rock... with some men that needed to experience You personally. You surprise me, Lord. You are the all-knowing Rock.”

James W. Stanton, Water Street Mission, Program Counselor

No comments: