Monday, November 13, 2006

Cold Stone Funraiser


Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Get your “Cold Stone Creamery” ice cream cake or pie! Starting November 13th to January 31st, buy an ice cream cake or pie and support the Water Street Clinics! Get your voucher today!

I had never even tried their ice cream until this week, and now I’m hawking for them?

Jamie Bolen-Pollock, local owner of a Cold Stone Creamery, came up to me at the Business Expo last week and offered to do a fund raiser for the Water Street Clinics. I found this interesting, since God had laid on my heart a few days earlier when I heard the Cold Stone advertisement for fundraising, that I should contact them. I guess He decided to bring them to me! I responded to her offer…”You have got to be kidding!” She was confused, what had she said that elicited this response from me? I then told her that God sent her to me and I was amazed! She also is a believer and got a big smile on her face & said that God is like that & in fact shared how he had nudged her to respond just that morning to act on another issue in her life.

Lord, you have placed on the hearts of those leading the Water Street Clinics to build a new & bigger clinic to serve more uninsured people in need of medical & dental care. This is crazy! We have no money Lord! How are we going to run a new clinic with double the expense, when we are barely able to cover this years cost? I’m going to have a panic attack Lord! Why have you sent us down this path with what appears to be no solid funding support? I know you have promised to be with us. We have talked with you about this project for a long time and we have seen how you have provided for us, in fact all of the furniture has been donated to furnish the 6 new exam rooms. The 4 dental operatories are being built as I pray, and people are coming forward to donate furnishings and funds to complete the construction! That is pretty amazing! You have also brought so many new volunteers Lord this year…but we need more. I know you know that! I guess it comes down to trust. Trusting You Lord to provide whatever is needed for Your ministry. I recall you reminding me Lord that this clinic is Yours! I am Your servant Lord! You placed this word in my heart this week,

“In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9 and from Proverbs 3, “Trust the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.”

I admit Lord; I really don’t understand how we are going to pay for the expenses of the new clinic. What I do know is that YOU do!

- Gale Thomason, Executive Director, Water Street Clinics

No comments: