Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Teach me to be thankful

It is so easy get lost in all the details. Thanksgiving is just two days away, and instead of feeling truly grateful for the hope that I have in Jesus and all that He has blessed me with, I find myself complaining.

The Great Thanksgiving Banquet is tomorrow night. It is an awesome time to show Christ’s love to the community through offering a meal and fellowship, but what is consuming my mind today is not thankfulness for this opportunity but a panicked bitterness that I am not getting any thing done! “Too many phone calls”, “too many details”, “not enough time” seem to be never far from my tongue.

Help me, Father, to be truly grateful. Grant me Your perspective on the details. Help me to give time and priority to people and relationships, as You did while here on earth.

Teach me to be thankful.

-Carissa Martin, Volunteer Coordinator

No comments: