Monday, October 12, 2009

Has God done your Grocery Shopping?

A juicy pot roast with potatoes, carrots and onions is mouth watering. Sizzling steak on the barbecue grill can almost make us drool. But there isn’t anything this cook loves to get more than ground beef. There are so many things you can do with ground beef. And with a little engenuity and some corn flake crumbs you can stretch a few pounds to feed a crowd.

That is what I did last week with the help of my volunteer. On Monday I took the last 5 pound package of ground beef from the walk-in freezer to thaw. It was a sad event for we had not gone without ground beef for over 2 years. Yet I was thankful knowing it would feed 25 people for two large meals later in the week. On Wednesday Miss Judy made her famous Sloppy Joe and on Thursday I used the second half of the meat for Tacos. I prayed often that week that God would bring in more beef. He owns the cattle, after all.

Then on Sunday morning a friend asked me if I would like to have some meat for the Lydia Center. They happened to have some ground beef in their freezer left over from the E-town fair. My inside voice was jumping up and down but since I was in church I calmly said, “Absolutely. Thanks you Jesus.” I will be picking it up over the weekend. I don’t know how much there will be but I do know my God will make it be just enough. You gotta love it when God does the grocery shopping!!

Paula Sentgeorge • Kitchen Manager, Lydia Center

No comments: