Friday, June 02, 2006

Letter from a friend


One of the chaplains recently passed this letter on to me from a former resident.
Hey Chaplain –

You might not remember me but my name is Dale ------ and I wrote this short pray that was read on the radio and I was thinking about you because you helped me when I was down and out. I’ve been clean since Sept. 9, 2005, I was discharged from Water Street in December of 2005 and I have continued to stay rooted and grounded in the word. Just wanted you to know that God works through people such as you and you remain in my heart and prays. Thank you for being you and may God continue to bless you as he sees fit.

Dale

PS – Feel free to share this with your class, it might help somebody that’s having a tough time.

The Song Prayer
By Dale -----

O Lord my God “How Great Thou Art” that you would “Pass Me Not” while I’m “Standing on the Promises” of your “Amazing Grace.”
I can count on your “Blessed Assurance” that as I “Trust and Obey” your commands “Heaven (will) Come Down and Glory Fill My Soul.”
“Nothing but the Blood” can wash away my sins, as I stand “Near the Cross” where my savior died, Hallelujah thine the glory that He has “Revived Us Again.”
Will He refuse us a home in Heaven “No Not One” because there’s “Victory in Jesus.”

No comments: