Friday, June 26, 2009

Illuminate 2009 - RECAP

Here are some pictures along with quotes of attendees from Teen Haven's Spring Leadership Conference, ILLUMINATE 2009. Listen as each reflects on how the conference impacted and challenged them to grow in their leadership roles.


We learned WHO is THE LIGHT…

“The candle light service made me realize that the source of my light, and strength of it comes from the Lord, not me.”

I learned, “to be in the light and to be at the feet of Jesus always, no matter what.”


We learned to WALK in THE LIGHT…

As a leader I need, “to be able to look to the Lord for guidance when making decisions as a leader.”

“It helped me because I got to talk to some older people who helped me learn and grow as a leader.”

“I learned that I can’t let fear stop me from fulfilling my purpose.”

“I learned that those who I am leading are watching me. I need to live as Christ.”

This weekend, “motivated, broke me, molded me, and fixed me in the process. Amen.”

“It made me realize I have to be a follower (of Him) to be a leader.”

“I cannot be, I should not be, like the lone ranger. I should be a committed member of my church home to bring more light.”


We learned to CARRY THE LIGHT…

“Helped me to be a servant. As a light I need to stick out and help others, and be a light no matter what.”

“Be the light in my city, my school, anywhere.”

“I am the light of the world through Jesus”

“It’s helped me face the darkness around me, at home, in my neighborhood and with others with a different perspective.”

I learned, “to let my light shine; forgiveness; and to focus more on God.”

“Learned that leading is more than just “leading” it’s your lifestyle, your actions, your words. It also helped encourage me to step up and lead more.”

Prayers were a powerful tool that impacted many during this conference. Thank you to all who prayed and invested in the lives of these young leaders through your support.

No comments: