Monday, March 20, 2006

Pajama Day

Not too long ago the staff decided to spice up the winter stretch by holding “pajama day” at school. The anticipation of such an event generated a lot of excitement and many children would ask as they left for the day “Is tomorrow pajama day?”

At last the long-awaited day arrived. You could feel the joy in the air. I had an early morning meeting that day and so I arrived at school just in time for weekly chapel. Since I had not been at the door to greet them as they arrived, each little one wanted to make sure I saw not only their pajamas, but also their slippers and the stuffed toy they had brought with them. They were even amazed that their teachers wore their pajamas to school!

The teachers had worked hard at planning special activities for the day and I know that a lot of memories were created that day. So much so that just last week, one of our K-4 children told me on his way out, “Miss Lorraine, we’re praying for another pajama day!” Reminding me once again that God really does care about the little things that make us happy. (Uh-h-h, I wonder if God wants me to help answer that prayer?)

-Lorraine Brandt, Director of Wonder Club School
Wonder Club School is WSRM's kindergarten and pre-k school for children in Lancaster City.

No comments: